Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Teeth

Hi Everyone,

   I am so sorry for not writing this week, a lot happened.

   Tuesday was partial braces removal day for me. Just for background information, I had my braces on since February of 2010, more than three and a half years. Over those three years, my teeth have moved, bled, gotten infected, and been disabling to my speaking ability. As you can probably guess, I was ecstatic to have them off.

   My top braces came completely off and the bottoms came half way off. It felt amazing to lick my bare teeth for the first time since I was a freshman. To celebrate, I went Osteria D'Assissi and had the most incredible veal ravioli entree and truffle dessert. And on the way back from the restaurant, I scraped my dad's car against a concrete pillar in a parking garage. Oops.

   My freedom was short lived because Wednesday morning, my wisdom teeth came out. All of the procedures that occur to make the surgery safe for the patients are amazing. After the surgery, I was stuck with a mouth full of gauze and all liquids for a good 24 hours. I even took liquid Children's Ibuprofen, which I may add tastes like death and the tears of small children, not grape.

   The second day, I was able to upgrade to soft foods and medicine (hydrocodone and anti-biotics). I was also commanded by my father (a very rare act, indeed) to stay home. So over the past days I watched the Little Mermaid, Moonstruck, and Encounters of the Third Kind on VHS. Oh, and Sailor Moon online.

  I have been healing up fine, although my dad told me that I could "run for Taos Pride Royalty and be their Mr.Gay Chipmunk." I also found out that only my left cheek swelled, despite more teeth were removed from the right side and a bone graft was done there.

   Anyways, that's enough of me talking, have some very unflattering pictures of me:
Here's me post braces.

Here's me post wisdom teeth surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment